May I move out of state?

Yes, provided you have received permission from your probation officer and state/local policy allows it. You must first report to Court Services and meet with your probation officer. Your probation officer will explain the process and what is required for the transfer of your probation supervision to the new state. The Interstate Commission for Adult Supervision (ICAOS) can be found on the web ( There is a similar system for transfer of juvenile probation. For detailed information click on the section, “How can I transfer my supervision?”

Show All Answers

1. What is Probation?
2. What is an IRAS?
3. What are the rules for reporting to my probation officer?
4. What should I bring to office appointments with my probation officer?
5. Why do I have to sign a release?
6. What does Administrative Probation mean?
7. How do I pay fees and restitution assessed by the court?
8. What happens if I violate my conditions of probation?
9. What happens if I don’t pay fees and restitution assessed by the court?
10. What must I do if ordered to submit a DNA sample?
11. What is a pre-sentence investigation (PSI)?
12. May I move out of state?
13. May I travel out of state while on probation?
14. May the probation officer discuss my adult child’s probation status with me?
15. I am a concerned citizen and would like to know if my neighbor is on probation?
16. The court has ordered me to submit to random testing. How will I be tested?
17. What do I do if I am arrested?