Property Taxes due Tuesday, November 10th
Due to COVID-19, our office will maintain a 6 foot rule. One person at a time will enter the office. To avoid long lines and wait time, please take advantage of our payment options.
- Online credit card: card company will add an additional 2.5% of the total charge to the card
- Online E-Check: An added $1.00 fee will be added, per parcel
- German American Bank: Must have a tax statement with you to pay
- Farmers Bank: Must have a tax statement with you to pay
- Drop Box at our Main Street Entrance: NO CASH
- Mail to PO BOX 99
Sorry for any inconvenience. Please call the office for any questions, we will be happy to assist.
- German American Bank and Farmer’s Bank (Drive thru only)
- Mail to: Jefferson County Treasurer PO BOX 99, Madison, Indiana 47250 or Jefferson County Treasurer 300 E Main Street, Madison, Indiana 47250
- Drop Box located on the front of the Courthouse (No Cash)
- Click here-Jefferson County Website, pay by credit card or echeck
- Make all checks payable to the Jefferson County Treasurer. Please include a phone number on your check if it is not already noted on the check
- Make sure to check your envelopes for multiple bills (if you own more than one parcel, your bills may be placed in the same envelope)
- All payments must be accompanied with the portion of your tax statement signifying to pay SPRING or BOTH (spring and fall)
- If you want a receipt, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If you do not include the stamp or address, you will not receive a receipt.
- Please notify us of a mailing address change
- For more information on how to understand your tax bill or to pay your taxes online, visit the Treasurer’s Office page!