Property Taxes due Monday, May 11th
- German American Bank and Farmer’s Bank (Drive thru only)
- Mail to: Jefferson County Treasurer PO BOX 99, Madison, Indiana 47250 or Jefferson County Treasurer 300 E Main Street, Madison, Indiana 47250
- Drop Box located on the front of the Courthouse (No Cash)
- Click here-Jefferson County Website, pay by credit card or echeck
- Make all checks payable to the Jefferson County Treasurer. Please include a phone number on your check if it is not already noted on the check
- The Courthouse is CLOSED to the general public due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Make sure to check your envelopes for multiple bills (if you own more than one parcel, your bills may be placed in the same envelope)
- All payments must be accompanied with the portion of your tax statement signifying to pay SPRING or BOTH (spring and fall)
- If you want a receipt, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If you do not include the stamp or address, you will not receive a receipt.
- Please notify us of a mailing address change
- For more information on how to understand your tax bill or to pay your taxes online, visit the Treasurer’s Office page!
A Note from the Treasurer
Re: County Notice per Governor Holcomb
Property Taxes remain due on May 11, 2020, however counties are to waive penalties on payments made after May 11, 2020 for a period of 60 days. This waiver does not apply to tax payments which have been escrowed by financial institutions on behalf of property owners.
The Executive Order issued by Governor Eric Holcomb waiving property tax late charges for 60 days following the deadline, is intended for those experiencing financial difficulties during the COVID-19 situation. If you are able to pay by the May 11th deadline, that would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Melinda Klopp, Treasurer