THE COUNTY TREASURER is the property tax collector and custodian of all monies with responsibility for investing idle funds and maintaining an adequate cash flow. The treasurer collects real, personal and mobile home property taxes.
Online system allows you to search property tax information from any computer that has access to the internet.
• View a tax bill
• Find an assessed valuation
• See exemptions listed on the property
• Print a receipt
1. Area Banks only if there is no delinquency, it is not a reprint bill, and paid by the due date. Area banks accepting payments are River Valley Financial Bank and Farmers Bank of Milton.
2. By Mail – please enclose Copy A and/or Copy B and a check for the amount due (you may pay both A & B by May 12 if that is convenient for you, but you must pay A by May 10 and B by November 10 to avoid penalty). Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope for a receipt. Mail to: Jefferson County Treasurer, PO Box 99, Madison, IN 47250.
3. In Person - with entire statement in Treasurer’s office, Jefferson County Courthouse, 300 E Main St., Room 105, Madison, IN 47250
4. Credit Card payments may be made on online jeffersoncounty.egovapps.com
5. Property tax payments may be deposited in a Secure Drop–In Box, located at the Jefferson County Courthouse, 300 E Main St, Madison, Indiana 47250, Left side of Main Street entrance.